sxsw day 1
Published March 13th, 2010
Everyone from Cloudkick arrived in Austin for SXSW 2010 on Thursday evening, so Day 0 technically. Bob found us a nice condo to rent just outside the downtown, but still easy walking distance to everything. We picked up our badges from a relatively short line that night, and then headed over to Iron Works BBQ bout 8:45.
On Friday, the first actual day of SXSW:
- Grabbed lunch at Annies, and met with Jerry Chen who has been contributing to the libcloud project.
- Opened CASSANDRA-885 bug report. OOMing after the node crashed, as its unable to replay its commit log.
- Went to a showing of ”The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. The movie was very intense, but I still liked it. Showing was at the Alamo, and having a Margarita while watching was even better.
- Had dinner with the entire crew at Stubb’s. Loved the brisket.
- After some bar hopping, we ended up back at the pad… playing Rock Band.
Written by Paul Querna, CTO @ ScaleFT. @pquerna