Published May 4th, 2007
I’m taking a week off, and going on a road trip.
Somehow, I convinced Striker to go with me, and he hasn’t done anything on the west coast before.
Currently the road trip has 3 constraints:
- Leave San Jose on Friday, May 11th.
- Seattle Mariners vs. Angels Baseball - Safeco Field, Wednesday, May 16th, 7:05 PM
- Back to San Jose by Sunday, May 20th.
I need your help. What should I do, what places should I visit, and what routes should I take to get there?
I have a couple things I’m considering right now:
- Powell’s Books in Portland. Last time I was there, I left with 8 books — but I knew I had to fly home. With a Car, this could be a very expensive stop.
- Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument - Never been there… Seems like it would be a good place to spend an afternoon, and maybe go on a short hike, depending on the weather.
- Maybe head up to BC, and go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Other stuff around Vancouver? Victoria?
- I want to fit in a couple days after the baseball game to head over to Spokane. On the way over, I was thinking I could do a tour of Columbia River Dans. There are 14 or so… Could make a nice flickr gallery.
- General Seattle Stuff. Space Needle, Ferries, etc.
Written by Paul Querna, CTO @ ScaleFT. @pquerna