Published July 1st, 2005
I am looking for new weblog software. I would love recommendations.
My current list of what I want:
- Open Source. (non-GPL prefered, like BSD or ASL)
- Easy & Extendable Modules/Plugins.
- Something that can run via FastCGI. (I do have PHP via FastCGI too)
- Uses XML/XSLT. (Not a hard one, but I like to play with adapting projects to using my mod_transform)
- Propper use of HTTP. This means both HTTP Caching Headers, and 304 Not Modified Support.
- Under Active Development.
I have doen some googling, but when I search for blog software, I mostly get people’s blogs about software.
I have considered writing my own, but that seems like a time sink, and I really don’t want to spend time trying to develop community around another project.
I doubt any existing project meets all of my wish list points, and I am willing to send patches to get a project there, but I am having a hard time finding alternatives, besides the big ones like WordPress.
Written by Paul Querna, CTO @ ScaleFT. @pquerna